Vidya Bala's Blog

Search My Blog

Add RSS Feed

Friday, November 10, 2006

what’s up with ETL Tools……………….

Over the last few years I have worked on quite a few ETL Projects. Starting with Sagent in 2000 to Informatica and now with Oracle Warehouse Builder.

With Warehouse Builder I can pretty much download it on technet setup a quick demo for users to demonstrate how this can be used as an ETL tool and even let them try it before we can get the entire Sales force involved for purchase etc ( I would like to get them out of the habit of doing major migrations only with PL/SQL code and maintenance becomes a nightmare)
I have not seen a single ETL tool apart from warehouse builder that I can download and setup a quick demo for, for all other vendor products I will have to contact the vendor setup a sales call , demo etc etc. We have the skills in-house and wish we could get our hands on these products, download it and evaluate them ourselves …………….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home