Vidya Bala's Blog

Search My Blog

Add RSS Feed

Thursday, December 28, 2006

10G SQL Access Advisor and SQL Tuning Advisor

I was able to take advantage of the holidays to complete a 9i to 10g cross platform migration. While I was quite happy with the migration process (especially on how datapump has made this effort much easier), I was a little bit disappointed on what SQL Access and SQL Tuning Advisor had to offer.

There were a bunch of queries that we have been meaning to tune for quite some time , I thought I could create a tuning task with 10G SQL Tuning advisor and see if I could get some valuable recommendations.

The Recommendations I got were far from anything of significance (eg: add an index to a small lkup table).

I couldn’t help but wonder is there is much success/help using Oracle 10g SQL Access/Tuning Advisor in the industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home