Vidya Bala's Blog

Search My Blog

Add RSS Feed

Thursday, December 07, 2006

It has not been an easy ride for us on Suse (SLES 8)

we have been on Oracle 9i SLES 8 for about 4 years now. And somehow or the other I always run into some issues on Suse - at times it makes me feel that we would have been better off with any other Linux flavor or Unix.

the issue this morning was:
we were trying to use the XML parser in the database
java OracleXML getXML -user "ccccc/ccccc" "select * from emp"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path

CLASSPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH have all been set correctly.
I turned around ; added the jars on my Solaris box and ran the command ...........it worked.

so started looking at Suse Mailing Lists - and ofcourse a lot of people have been having problems with jdbc on suse- is there a bug fix? (well I dont know at this point - I have a tar opened).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home