Vidya Bala's Blog

Search My Blog

Add RSS Feed

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

expdp of 9i database from 10g Oracle_Home

for some reason I thought I would be able to use expdp to export a 9i database using 10g expdp - obviously not supported as mentioned below.

Compatibility Matrix for Export & Import Between Different Oracle Versions
Doc ID:
Note:132904.1

Leaves me with the option of either using traditional "exp" can be very slow on a 100G+ database not sure if Cross Plaform Migration is an option with Standard Edition.

2 Comments:

  • It may be practical to do a no rows exp/imp, then an INSERT /*+APPEND*/ INTO tbl SELECT .. FROM tbl@orig.
    It may be a pain for lots of small tables, but good for large tables.

    By Blogger SydOracle, at 2:08 PM  

  • that may be an option for the big tables I think ( since we are migrating the entire database - way too many small tables ). I was thinking of an inplace upgrade to 10g and then expdp to export the entire database and impdp to import the database. I will have to keep time in mind ( we may have an entire weekend for the migration)

    By Blogger Vidya Balasubramanian, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home