Vidya Bala's Blog

Search My Blog

Add RSS Feed

Friday, October 06, 2006

Oracle Apps 11i Installation

Anybody installed Oracle Apps 11i on Windows - I wanted to jumpstart my experience with Apps 11i with Vision Demo.
I had a windows server sitting on my Desk - thought it will be quick to have that setup with 11i Apps.
Its no joke figuring out all the little bits and pieces that need to be in place prior to Installing Oracle Apps 11i on windows.
---cygwin( make sure you get make and gcc),VC++,perl (if you used edelivery to download your software you will not need to go through the staging steps).
might have just been faster to rebuild my box to RedHat and completed the 11i install......more to come...Installation steps Oracle11i Apps on windows finally......

2 Comments:

  • So did you manage to install Apps finally on Windows ?

    Would you like to share your exp. with others please ..

    By Blogger Atul Kumar, at 4:06 PM  

  • well some day we will have 48hrs instead of 24 hrs in a day:) I made significant progress but got busy with other things and have not been able to complete the install....I have to mention that half way thro the install I figured there was no way I was going to manage the disk space needed for the entire suite and ran and got an external HD and restarted the install.....a lot of inetering things have happened during the course of this install - hopefully i will blog on this soon. Once again I appreciate all your support to the Oracle Apps community.

    By Blogger Vidya Balasubramanian, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home